Set in the beautiful surrounds of the Mt Penang Gardens, the festival will lend itself to a wonderful day out.
Address: Mt Penang Gardens, 16 The Avenue, Kariong NSW 2250
The Mt Penang Gardens is the gateway to the Central Coast as it situated conveniently between Newcastle and Sydney, and only a 2 minute drive from the M1 Motorway. It is also just short trip from either the Woy Woy (15 mins) or Gosfords (10 Mins ) Train Station.
The Fesitval will be held within the amphitheatre section of the beautiful 12 hectare gardens. The gardens are surrounded by cascading waterfalls and 12 different “garden rooms”, which during the summer days of march will lend themselves to a lovely day out for all of the family.
The main “Girrakool Stage” will be nestled among the trees in front of the creek, easily seen by all patrons. The Local “Wondabyne Stage” will be located in among the Wonderbyne Sculptures at the other end of the gardens.
- Girrakool Blues Festival & BBQ is a two day event, over 2 stages, with overnight camping,.
- Gates for Camping will open at 8am on Saturday the 4th.
- On Saturday the 4th – Gates Open to the Gardens at 10am for with the Welcome to Country starting at 11am.
- The first band will start at 11.30am, and the last band will finish approx. 9.30pm.
- On Sunday the 5th – Festival Gates will open at 10am and finish approx. 6.30pm.
- There is plenty of parking, and is easily accessible for our disabled patrons.
- The venue is licensed and there will be no alcohol taken into or out of the venue. (Please see festival T & C’s)