JUDGING CONDITIONS AND RULESAll judges must accept the terms and conditions of the event below.
Girrakool Blues Festival & BBQ “THE STAND OFF”
Friday 1stMarch - Sunday 3rd March 2019
Gates Open: 5pm Fri 1st March 2019
Event Finishes: 10:00pm Sun March 2019
Gate 2 Kangoo Rd, Mt Penang Event Park, Kariong NSW 2250
Girrakool Blues Festival is a business of Xabc Entertainment Pty Ltd.
Girrakool Blues Festival & BBQ 2018 is an annual 3 day event, Massive Line-up, International and Interstate bands, camping, The Central Coast's BBQ Stand off ( BBQ Competition) and Aboriginal Cultural Activities, and set in the beautiful surrounds of the Mt Penang Parklands Garden on the Central Coast NSW.
Friday 1st of March will see:
- 4 Bands with approx. 1500 people attending.
- Gates will open 5pm and close 12.00am.
- Events will begin at 6pm with an Aboriginal Welcome to Country.
Saturday 2nd of March will see:
- 9 Bands with approx. 1500 people attending.
- Gates will open 10.00am and close 12.00am.
- Events will begin at 12.00pm.
Sunday 3rd of March will see:
- 4 Bands on one stage, with approx. 2000 people attending.
- 3 Demonstrations at the stage area + Kids activities and all things BBQ.
- Movie from 8pm
- Gates will open 10.00am and close 10.00pm
- Events will begin at 10.30am
|PROMOTER CONTACT DETAILS
0438 604 236
|ABA CONTACT DETAILS
0410 658 532
*28 February 2019 - Judges Course 6.30pm Six Strings Brewery, Erina.
Day 1 - 1stMarch 2019
- 6pm– Midnight – Music Festival
Day 2 – 2ndMarch 2019
- 11:30am– Midnight – Music Festival
- 1pm-1:15pm SCA Chicken Wings Turn in
- 2pm-2:15pm SCA Parmigiana Turn in
- 3pm-3:30pm SCA Steak Turn in
- 6:00pm SCA Awards
Day 3 - 4thMarch 2018
- 10:00am - Chicken turn in
- 11:00am - Lamb turn in
- 12:00noon - Pork Ribs turn in
- 1:00pm – Beef Ribs turn in
- 2:00pm - Brisket turn in
- 5:30pm - Awards Ceremony
CASH & PRIZES
BBQ Stand Off ( BBQ Competition)
- 1st place in Round $400 cash + trophy
- 2nd place in Round $200 cash + trophy
- 3rd place in Round $100 cash + trophy
- Grand Champion Prize - $1000 Cash + Trophy
- Reserve Grand Champion (runner up) Prize - $500 Cash + Trophy
Total prize & trophy pool in excess of $5000
- 1st place Steak $1000 cash + trophy
- 2nd place Steak $500 cash + trophy
- 3rd place Steak $300 cash + trophy
- 4th place Steak $200 cash + trophy
- 1stplace Ancillary $200 cash + trophy
- 2ndplace Ancillary $100 cash + trophy
- 3rdplace Ancillary $50 cash + trophy
Total prize and trophy pool in excess of $2750
GIRRAKOOL BLUES FESTIVAL & BBQ “THE STAND OFF”
INFORMATION AND TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR BBQ COMPETITION
ABA SANCTIONED COMPETITION RULES
All BBQ Competition teams must comply with the Australasian Barbeque Alliance Competition rules. It will be the teams’ responsibility to be familiarised and up to date with these rules.
Rules and Regulations regarding ABA competitions can be found at http://ausbbq.com.au/abarules/
All judges will need to sign a waiver.
Judges at not allowed in the team cooking area during training or judging times.
Each Judge must purchase a t-shirt to be a judge and must be worn on Sunday 3 March during Judging.
They can be picked up at Six Strings during the Judging Course or at the event.
All judges must behave in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
And must take direction from the Event Management and security staff at all times.
No pets or livestock will be permitted on the event site.
Judges must adhere to the Girrakool Blues Festival & BBQ’s entry conditions and not bring any prohibited items into the site: No alcohol or illicit drugs, animals (except in accordance with legislation), fire/fireworks, video cameras or professional cameras.
Security guards are on site throughout the duration of the event.
All effort is made to secure the site but no responsibility will be taken for loss or damage to any person or goods whether or not that loss, damage or injury arises from the negligence of staff or contractors employed by the Girrakool Blues Festival & BBQ.
All Judges understand that the festival site is a licensed area, and you will need to comply with the The Liquor Act of 2007.
If any Judges are found to be intoxicated, violent, suspected of using or is using illicit drugs you will be asked to leave the premises, and you will forfeit your entry into the Festival grounds.
If any Judgesare found to supplying or buying alcohol for a minor you will be evicted from the festival grounds and the matter recorded into the Incident Register and may face criminal charges.
VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY
Each Judge agrees to being photographed or recorded for use in our promotional (in which you have no rights including to a copy thereof), and that you have no right to pre-approval of, and no entitlement to payment for any such use.
Festival Management reserves the right to expel any BBQ Judge at any time in consultation with the Australasian Barbecue Alliance.
BBQ COMPETITION JUDGES ACCESS
All judges are given free entry to the Festival site on Sunday 3 March 2019.
Judges will be given the opportunity to purchase festival tickets to other festival dates at discounted rates.
All other family & friends must be paid for through the usual channels.
If purchasing festival tickets and needs camping, information needs to be provided on application.
The Festival provides season tickets for individuals only. These tickets cannot be shared amongst a number of team members.
Access passes must be worn at all times within the festival site and must not be removed until conclusion of the festival. If for some reason you need to remove your access pass, you MUST contact the Stalls Coordinator PRIOR to removal.
Refunds will not be issued.
Refunds will NOT be issued in the event of bad weather, late arrival, last minutes cancellations or change of mind. In the event of cancellation due to inclement weather, transfer of dates and charges will not turn over to a future event.
FESTIVAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The BBQ Competition Team acknowledges that you have read the FESTIVAL POLICIES & PROCEDURESdocument and agree:
- that you shall comply with all FestivalPolicies & Proceduresin place;
- the Festival may at any time review, implement, vary and/or terminate policies at any time at its sole discretion;
- the FestivalPolicies & Procedurespolicies do not form part of your contract of employment; and
- failure to comply with the FestivalPolicies & Procedurespolicies may result in disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
The Stall holder shall defend, indemnify, hold harmless and insure the Festival and it’s affiliates from any and all damages expenses or liability, resulting from or arising out of any negligence or misconduct on the Stallholders part, or from any breach or default of these Terms and Conditions which is caused or occasioned by the acts of the Stallholder. The Stall holder shall insure that its employees and affiliates take all actions necessary to comply with the terms and conditions set forth in these Terms and Conditions.