Ben Waters has been paid the accolade by Jools Holland of being one of his all-time favourite pianists. Renowned for playing barnstorming sets, he rocks the house every timewith an eclectic mix from his heroes Fats Domino, Huey “Piano” Smith, Albert Ammons, Ian Stewart, Jerry Lee Lewis, Amos Milburn & Chuck Berry as well as his own writings. Rhythm & Blues to get everyone on their feet!
Ben has and continues to play alongside star performers such as The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ray Davies, Jeff Beck, Jools Holland, PJ Harvey, Shakin’ Stevens & so many more.
For some years he, along with the late, great Charlie Watts, Axel Swingenberger & Dave Green became the “A,B,C &D of Boogie Woogie”. More recently he came together with Ronnie Wood to form “Ronnie Wood & the Mad Lads”.
In his own right, Ben has sold out shows from Ronnie Scott’s to the Sydney Opera House to The Royal Albert Hall, & every kind of venue imaginable, in thousands of shows around the world.
Come and see what the fuss is about!
• “One of the best pianists in the UK” – The Times, London
• “Key shattering boogie woogie” – The Guardian UK
• “I have been a boogie fan since the 50s and seen pianists all over the world, none come close to Waters” – Blueprint Magazine
• “Ben’s Solos are full of flare & bravado” – The Birmingham Post
• “Probably the best pianist I have played with” – Pete Thomas (sax with Elton John, Fats Domino)
• “Ben Waters show…. like a bouncy castle for grown-ups” – London Times
• “Blew everyone away … so much so we have invited him back!” – Caroline Moore, Festival Director, Port Fairy Folk Festival
• Ben Waters Band (Shakin’ in The Makin’) – selected as one of his ten favourite boogie woogie albums ever – Jools Holland / Mojo Magazine
• “Saw these guys in Akaroa last year, 2 nights, 2 totally different acts! Ranges from honky tonk to blues & jazz, R & B then straight rock, sometimes in the same tune. Great singing voice. Fantastic…..Not to be missed!” – Anon, NZ