Address: Mt Penang Event Park, Gate 2, Kangoo Rd, Kariong 2250
The Mt Penang Parklands is the gateway to the Central Coast as it situated conveniently between Newcastle and Sydney, and only a 2 minute drive from the M1 Motorway. It is also just short trip from either the Woy Woy (15 mins) or Gosfords (10 Mins ) Train Station.
The Fesitval will be held within in Event Park, surrounded by the beautiful 12 hectare gardens.
- Girrakool Blues Festival & BBQ is a now a THREE day event, with camping on the Friday & Saturday Nights.
- International, National & Local Band Line – up of Blues, Rock and Roots music, a comic MC, soul food and other market stalls.
- The 2nd Annual BBQ Competition “The Stand off” will also take place.
- Friday 2nd March – Gates open 5pm for 6pm start with a Welcome to Country. Music will continue to Midnight.
- Saturday 3rd March – Music from Midday to Midnight.
- Sunday 4th March – Main focus will be on the BBQ Competition. Gates open from 10am to7pm for all things BBQ, with local Bands, demonstrations & kids activities.
- Anyone wishing just to come to the BBQ Competition can now do so on Sunday and tickets will be available online or at the gate on the day.
- Camping is free for patrons with a Friday, Saturday or Season Festival Tickets. Patrons must indicate when purchasing festival tickets whether they wish to camp, otherwise we cannot guarantee a camping site.
- Patrons will only be able to camp for the corresponding purchased tickets i.e. Friday Festival tickets can camp on the Friday night while Season Ticket holders can camp both Friday and Saturday nights.
- Campers with Friday only Festival tickets will need to vacate by 10am Saturday.
- Entry to the BBQ Competition on Sunday is free to anyone who has purchased festival tickets. Just keep your wrist band on and show it upon entry at the gate.
- Children under 5 years of age are free. And Children under 12 years are free on Sunday.
- There is plenty of parking, and is easily accessible for our disabled patrons.
- The venue is licensed and there will be no alcohol taken into or out of the venue. (Please see festival T & C’s)
What to bring:
- ID for Adults
- Sunscreen & hats
- Portable Chairs and Picnic Rugs (no elaborate set-up please)
What not to bring:
- The venue is licensed and there will be no alcohol taken into or out of the venue.
- No illegal items
There will be plenty of food available through the food stalls, many of whom are from the Central Coast. Please support our local businesses as we support them.
Please be respectful of other guests.
Please also be respectful of the residence of Mt Penang Gardens & Parklands by keeping noise to a minimum when entering and exiting the festival.
For everything else please see festival T & C’s