Agreement of the Volunteer
1. to give your voluntary services to XABC ENTERTAINMENT PTY LTD (ABN 75 151 022 507 Trading as GIRRAKOOL BLUES at THE MEMORIAL PARK (festival site), THE ENTRANCE for the purposes of: VOLUNTEERING
without pay to the best of your abilities, and to comply with all of the directions of XBC ENTERTAINMENT STAFF including, but not limited to, those responsibilities detailed in your position description;
2. to be available for 2 hours on 5 March 2020 at 6.30pm for an induction meeting;
3. to arrive 30 minutes prior your start time, attend all training sessions, report punctually for work and work for the amount of time according to the duty roster;
4. that you know of no reason why you are, or may be, unable to, or prevented from providing the voluntary services that may be allocated to you;
5. to wear the official “Blues Crew” t-shirt and will:
a. keep such uniforms in a clean and presentable state at all times;
b. only wear such uniform during your shift times and will remove at all other times;
c. and return such uniform at the end of your volunteering shifts.
6. to keep confidential all information and all materials concerning GIRRAKOOL BLUES AND ITS AFFILIATES which you know or should reasonably know is confidential;
7. to notify the Festival Manager of any ideas or materials you may create relating to your provision of voluntary services and, by signing this document, you transfer to Girrakool Blues all rights and interests in such creations (including copyright);
8. and consent to the use by GIRRAKOOL BLUES AND ITS AFFILIATES of such creations in a manner reasonably contemplated by the voluntary services provided under this document, and will not bring any claim for infringement of your moral rights in respect of that use;
9. to safeguard your personal property (for example bags and money) located within the Festival Site and to understand that we are not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged personal property;
10. that you will not do anything to compromise your safety or the safety of others and you understand that there may be risks associated with providing particular voluntary services;
11. that you will not do anything, while providing the voluntary services, or wearing the official volunteer’s uniform/badge supplied by XABC ENTERTAINMENT that may bring GIRRAKOOL BLUES AND ITS AFFILIATES or other volunteers into disrepute;
12. that you have no rights to, and must not use in any manner for any purpose, the GIRRAKOOL BLUES FESTIVAL logo, or any trade mark, name, corporate style or logo used by GIRRAKOOL BLUES FESTIVAL AND ITS AFFILIATES and that these are the absolute property of GIRRAKOOL BLUES FESTIVAL AND ITS AFFILIATES;
13. to participate in all identity verification checks, background security checks and other security checks (which may include inspecting your personal property) prior to your entry to and departure from the festival site, and prior to you providing any voluntary services;
14. not to bring any claims against XABC ENTERTAINMENT AND ITS AFFILIATES (including directors, officers, employees, contractors, volunteers, sponsors, partners, or agents) for any damage, injury, loss or liability to persons or property caused by your willful, reckless or negligent acts or omissions while providing the voluntary services;
15. You acknowledge that you have read the FESTIVAL POLICIES & PROCEDURES document and agree:
· that you shall comply with all Festival Policies & Procedures in place;
· the Festival may at any time review, implement, vary and/or terminate policies at any time at its sole discretion;
· the Festival Policies & Procedures policies do not form part of your contract of employment; and
· failure to comply with the Festival Policies & Procedures policies may result in disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
16. and understand that the festival site is a licensed area, and you will need to comply with the The Liquor Act of 2007.
17. that if you are found to be intoxicated, violent, suspected of using or is using illicit drugs you will be asked to leave the premises, and your appointment as a volunteer will be terminated.
18. if you are found to supplying or buying alcohol for a minor you will be evicted from the festival site, your appointment as a volunteer will be terminated, reported into the Incident Register and may face criminal charges.
19. if you are found to buying alcohol and you are a minor you will be evicted from the festival site, your appointment as a volunteer will be terminated, reported into the Incident Register and may face criminal charges.
20. if you are found stealing or defacing any property of XABC ENTERTAINMENT AND ITS AFFILIATE’S, including, but not limited to, money, equipment, hired equipment, by GIRRAKOOL BLUES, will be evicted from the festival site, your appointment as a volunteer will be terminated, reported into the Incident Register and may face criminal charges.
21. to your provision of voluntary services being photographed or recorded for use in our promotional (in which you have no rights including to a copy thereof), and that you have no right to pre-approval of, and no entitlement to payment for any such use;
22. to our administration of first aid and/or medical treatment if you are injured or ill while giving voluntary services; and
23. that XABC ENTERTAINMENT may terminate your appointment as a volunteer if you do not comply with these provisions or engage in misconduct which, in the opinion of XABC ENTERTAINMENT adversely affects its interests or those of GIRRAKOOL BLUES FESTIVAL.
24. that I will only be able to start the volunteer service upon signing of this agreement.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of New South Wales.
The volunteer has read and agrees to the terms of this document.
(Volunteer’s full name – please print)
Day / Month / Year
In the case of a volunteer under 18 years of age, a parent or authorised guardian must sign as well as the volunteer.
(Parent’s / Guardian’s signature)
(Parent’s / Guardian’s full name – please print)
(Signature of Girrakool Blues Festival Staff)
Day / Month / Year